Congratulations To The Class of 2019!
Graduation commencement exercises for our 28 La Pietra graduates will be held on our beautiful Great Lawn on the campus of La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls. We are extremely proud of our Class of 2019 who have been accepted to some of these outstanding national and international 4-year colleges and universities, including Bowdin, UCLA, UC San Diego, Salve Regina University, Pratt Institute, Loyola Marymount University, Creighton University, Chapman University, New York University, University of Washington and more! Congratulations to our La Pietra, Class of 2019!
The 2019 La Pietra Graduation Ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 6:00 PM at the La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls Great Lawn, located at 2933 Poni Moi Road, Honolulu HI 96815. Families and friends are welcome to attend this event in recognition of all graduating students. The ceremony is estimated to last 1-2 hours.
Date: Thursday, May 23, 2019
Location: La Pietra – Hawaii School for Girls Great Lawn
Begins: 6:00 pm
Ends: Approximately 7:00 to 7:30 pm
Location: Great Lawn at La Pietra-Hawaii School for Girls
Address: 2933 Poni Moi Road Honolulu Hawaii 96815
School colors: Royal blue and light blue
School mascot: Lady Panthers
Parking for family and friends are available around Kapiolani Park and the residential neighborhood. Please show “Aloha” to our neighbors while attending our graduation. If handicap parking is required, please contact our main office at (808) 922-2744. Campus parking will be reserved for our graduates and their immediate families.
Limited seats may be available for family and friends. We will have designated reserved seatings for our Board members, faculty and staff, and immediate families with tickets.
Post Graduation Ceremony
Family and friends are welcome to congratulate our newly graduated Class of 2019 by meeting the graduate at their designated last name alpha. Leis and floral are welcomed, however, we request no metallic balloons be given. Also, air horns are not allowed.
A good time to make dinner reservations after the ceremony is at 8:30 pm. Be sure to get possessions left in the gym by 8:00 pm. The gym will be locked and cleaned after the ceremonies.
Graduation ActivitiesGraduation Reception
Monday, May 20
- 4:00 - 5:00 p.m., Fountain Courtyard: A graduation reception for our graduates, their immediate family members and grandparents. Please join us for light refreshments. Dress code: aloha attire; special evening attire. RSVP is not required.
Wednesday, May 22
- 1:30 p.m., Great Lawn - For our graduates only, your attendance is mandatory. Graduates, please wear sunscreen. At the conclusion of practice, one on-campus parking pass and two reserved seat tickets will be distributed per graduate’s family.
Thursday, May 23
- 8:00 am, The Outrigger Canoe Club - For our graduates, Administrators and faculty. Dress code: special occasion, day-appropriate outfit.
- Class picture taking and mandatory graduation practice - Thursday, May 23, 2019, 10:00 am, The Great Lawn. For graduates only.
Thursday, May 23
- 4:00 p.m., Graduates report to the gym to prepare and dress for your graduation ceremony. Graduates, please bring your graduation holoku and clothing accessories, make-up and hair supplies including bobby pins. Please keep make-up simple and natural, and jewelry should be tasteful and conservative to compliment your holoku attire. Maile lei and haku lei will be distributed at the gym.
- 5:45 p.m., Graduates to line up for the processional
- 6:00 p.m., Graduation Ceremony begins.
- Estimated end time between 7:00 and 7:30 p.m.
- 8:00 p.m., Please remove all belongings from the gym.
Please join us for light refreshments in our Fountain Courtyard organized by our La Pietra Parent Faculty Association.
Graduate parking and reserved seat tickets.
Graduates will be given one on-campus parking pass and two reserved seat tickets per graduate’s family after the mandatory graduation practice prior to graduation day. Please keep in mind that reserved seating is on a first come, first served basis and cannot be saved.
Graduation photos and video for purchase.
We will have a professional photographer and videographer for graduation. The photographer will be taking individual graduate photos prior to the ceremony, a photo when receiving their high school diploma and post ceremony photos. Photographs will be downloaded onto a USB from which you can print photos. Our professional videographer will film the entire graduation which will be downloaded onto a USB. The cost of the photo USB is $40 and the cost for the video USB is $40, totaling $80 for both. Click here for media order form.
La Pietra’s official graduation announcements are available from Josten’s. They will visit La Pietra to show their product offerings for your graduate. Items purchased from Josten’s will be distributed before graduation. Our local Josten’s representative may be contacted at (808) 261-6444 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the 2019 school year, please call Mrs. Gay Chinen, as there will be a limited supply of announcements at the school. Other accessories such as name cards need to be ordered through Josten’s.