Congratulations To The Class of 2018!
La Pietra's 2018 graduates will be attending outstanding national and international 4-year colleges and universities, including Johns Hopkins University, Pitzer College, George Washington University, Drexel University, Savannah College of Art and Design, Macquarie University, London Academy of Dramatic Art, and more!
The 2019 La Pietra Graduation Ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 6:00 PM at the La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls Great Lawn, located at 2933 Poni Moi Road, Honolulu HI 96815. Families and friends are welcome to attend this event in recognition of all graduating students. The ceremony is estimated to last 1-2 hours.
Date: Thursday, May 23, 2019
Location: La Pietra – Hawaii School for Girls Great Lawn
Time: 6:00 pm
There will be one parking pass given to each graduating student. Only one car per graduate is allowed on campus. All other guests who do not have a parking pass will need to park off-campus.
Graduates will receive two tickets for seats in a reserved seating area. There is reserved seating for board members, faculty, and staff.
A professional photographer will be taking photographs of graduates prior to the ceremony, during the ceremony, and at the post-ceremony meet and greet session. Individual photos of the graduate will be taken when they receive their diploma. There will be over 200 photos taken of all graduates and put on a USB. The USB can be given to any developer to print. The USB will be mailed within 4-6 weeks following the ceremony. The cost is $40.00 per USB.Video
The entire graduation ceremony will be caught on film and put on a USB available for $40.00. The USB can be plugged into any USB drive. It will be mailed within 4-6 weeks following the ceremony.
The Graduation Media ordering period will begin in March 2019.
Post Ceremony Meet and Greet
Shortly after the ceremony, parents, friends, and guests may greet their graduate. The ceremony will end no later than 7:30 pm. There will also be refreshments and pupus provided by the La Pietra Parent Faculty Association in the Courtyard.
A good time to make dinner reservations after the ceremony is at 8:30 pm. Be sure to get possessions left in the gym by 8:00 pm. The gym will be locked and cleaned after the ceremonies.
Graduation ActivitiesGraduation Reception - TBD
- 4:00 - 5:00 pm - Graduation reception at Courtyard. Special occasion attire, no jeans or shorts. Graduates, immediate family and grandparents are invited to attend. RSVP not required.
- 1:30 pm - Mandatory graduation practice on the Great Lawn (graduates only). Graduates, please wear sunscreen. Parking passes will be distributed to each student (one pass per graduate). Each graduate will also receive two tickets for seats in a reserved seating area.
- 8:00 AM - Graduation breakfast (graduates & faculty only) at Outrigger Canoe Club. Special occasion attire, no jeans, shorts, or athletic wear.
- 10:00 am - Graduation practice and class picture taking on the Great Lawn (graduates only)
Thursday, May 23 - Graduation Ceremony
- 4:00 pm – Graduates Report to the Gym. Bring mu’umu’u and appropriate undergarments. Lei and Haku lei will be distributed. Bring extra bobby pins, safety pins, hairbrush comb, and make-up. Jewelry should be unobtrusive. If worn, simple make-up should be natural and not extreme. Parking on campus will be for one car per family (passes must be present); all others will park at Kapi’olani Park.
- 5:45 pm – Graduates line up
- 6:00 pm – Graduation Ceremony begins - estimated to last approximately 1-2 hours.
After the ceremony, refreshments and pupus (provided by our La Pietra Parent Faculty Association) will be in the courtyard. Be sure to remove your belongings from the gym by 8:00 pm.
- Photography: Over 200 professional photos of graduates prior to the ceremony, during the ceremony, and at the post ceremony reception will be put on a USB available for $40. The USB can be given to any photo developer to print. It will be mailed 4-6 weeks following the ceremony.
- Video: Video coverage of the entire ceremony will be available through USB. The cost is $40 and will be sent to your address 4-6 weeks following the ceremony.
The ordering period for your photo/video USB copy of the ceremony will begin in March 2019. The deadline to place your order is June 1, 2019. For questions regarding the photography and/or video production, contact Communications Coordinator, Keala O’Sullivan.