La Pietra provides a 1:1 technology program using Windows Laptops. Each school year, a student will receive a laptop for use during the school year. The laptop is provided to support educational programs. Students must have their laptops fully charged for class each day. The student is responsible for use and care of the laptops. Any cost for repairs, damages and/or replacement will be the responsibility of the parent. Before each student may receive a laptop, the parent and student must read through the agreement and complete the 2019-20 Online Laptop Agreement Form below.
Each student must fill out the 2019-20 Laptop Agreement Form. If there are multiple siblings attending La Pietra during the 2019-20 School Year, a form must be submitted for each student. Please complete the online laptop form by scrolling down.
The Laptop Agreement Form explains in detail the expectations, responsibilities and care of the laptop that has been assigned to the student for the school year.
Laptop Distribution Schedule:
- Returning Students: July 31, 2019; 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- New Students: Laptop distribution will occur during the New Student Orientation.
If a student is not available on the given dates, laptops will be distributed during the first week of school.
La Pietra – Hawaii School for Girls – School Year 2019-2020 Agreement for the Use of Electronic Devices
As technology plays an important role in the enhancement of learning, La Pietra provides opportunities for students to utilize electronic devices, including a school provided laptop, for use throughout campus. Students must adhere to strict guidelines when using electronic devices to ensure a safe and secure learning environment. Electronic devices include laptop computers, desktop computers, internet servie, printers, projectors, or other computer electronic devices, peripheral devices, and lapietra.edu email address. Only school issued devices are allowed on the school’s network.
The use of electronic devices and network is a privilege, not a right, and inappropriate use of these resources may result in the termination of the student’s privilege of using school electronic devices. Other disciplinary action including detention, suspension, or expulsion may be taken, if deemed appropriate. These guidelines apply whether or not the student is on or off campus.
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use of electronic devices are for educational purposes only.
- Bring laptop to school each day with the battery fully charged.
- Keep the case on the laptop at all times and free of markings and/or stickers.
- Do not allow others to use your laptop.
- Do not leave your laptop unattended; laptop will be confiscated and a detention may be issued.
- Immediately report malfunctions, damage, or loss to the front office. Repair and/or replacement fees may be assessed to parents.
- Do not share user names and passwords.
- Do not download any programs or apps unless instructed to do so.
- Do not download social media programs/apps; these are not permitted on La Pietra devices (examples include, but not limited to, social media, chat software, VPN, instant messaging).
- Do not record or post videos, pictures or audio files of students, faculty or staff without their permission.
- Do not change any computer and software settings unless instructed to do so.
- Earbuds must be used when listening to music or videos (academically related).
- Do not print anything non-school related on the school’s printers.
EXPECTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE INTERNET:
- Restricted to academic and school-related activities; before and after school.
- Do not connect to restricted websites at any time.
- Do not circumvent La Pietra’s network filter or firewall.
- Practice common courtesy toward fellow students and other users – be polite, show respect, and respect others’ privacy.
- Model appropriate and positive digital citizenship.
- Do not swear, use vulgarities or inappropriate language.
- Do not use for business or commercial transactions (no credit card use).
- Do not access social networking sites. They are not permitted through our network or on school devices.
- Do not create, send, access, download, upload, print, or peruse material that is offensive, profane, harassing, threatening, pornographic, obscene, violent or sexually explicit.
- Do not download files that are not academically related or approved by your teacher.
- Do not reveal your personal information or the personal information of others.
- Do not publish material on the internet (including images, text, video, audio) taken on/from La Pietra’s campus or during a La Pietra school activity without approval.
- Do not publish any material on the internet while in La Pietra uniform (on or off-campus), without approval.
- Do not publish statements or comments derogatory to the La Pietra community (administration, faculty, staff, and students).
A La Pietra email account, Google Apps for Education account, internet use, and electronic devices provided to students are not the personal property of any student. The school reserves the right to monitor and/or read the contents for inappropriate language or information, threatening, obnoxious or demeaning comments, or any activity that is illegal. Furthermore, the school reserves the right to monitor and access all school issued devices for inappropriate content, applications or other miscues. Network administrators may review files, communication, and content in person or remotely to ensure that students are using these items responsibly. Students should not expect that files stored on school servers or school-sanctioned cloud storage such as Google Drive will always be private.
Parents and guardians must understand that computer access is designed for educational purposes and that it is impossible to restrict access to all controversial material available through the internet. Parents and guardians agree that they will not hold La Pietra responsible for such material accessed by school owned electronic devices.
COST OF REPAIR AND/OR REPLACEMENTS:
Fees for the cost of repair and/or replacement are due when incurred and before a student will be issued a loaner or replacement laptop. Laptop repairs will vary depending on the extent of the damage as determined by Lenovo.
Laptop case (damage, stickers/markings, etc.)
Power cord (damaged or missing)