Mahalo for your interest in La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls. La Pietra offers an unparalleled learning environment and program designed to address the ways girls learn best. For over 50 years, La Pietra has been educating young women to lead lives of achievement by offering an innovative, college preparatory program designed to challenge and inspire young women to discover their passions, realize their potential and become the architects of their own success stories.
Applicants requiring assistance in the application process should contact (808) 922-2744.
La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls has openings for the following positions for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Middle and High School Science, full-time
- Middle and High School Math, full-time
- Middle and High School English, part-time
- Middle and High School Social Studies (currently 0.75 FTE)
- 6th and 7th grade English and Social Studies (one position), full-time
- High School Women's and Gender Studies, part-time
- Yearbook advisor (currently 0.25 FTE)
Positions are listed above as currently configured; other combinations may be possible.
Founded in 1964, La Pietra – Hawaii School for Girls is an independent, secular day school enrolling approximately 160 girls in grades 6-12. The campus is located in Honolulu, Hawai‘i on the grounds of an estate modeled after an Italian villa, at the foot of Diamond Head state monument, and approximately one-quarter mile from Waikiki beaches. The school has recently begun the process of refining its academic and extra-curricular program to incorporate the notion of ‘educating for purpose,’ keeping the student experience as the primary metric of success. To that end, the school is incorporating the RULER socio-emotional learning program, and is a member of the Mastery Transcript Consortium, as well as an affiliate member of Research Schools International.The ideal candidate will hold a degree in the specified subject area(s) or a related area, and have teaching experience with middle and/or high school students, preferably in an independent school. Full-time positions consist of a teaching load of three sections per term on a 4x4 block schedule, responsibility for homeroom oversight, and involvement in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities.Essential qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in subject area, Education, or related field
• Evidence demonstrating a successful track record of teaching in any grade level from 6-12, with willingness to teach both middle school and high school grade levels
• Evidence demonstrating contributions to a school environment beyond classroom instruction
• Evidence demonstrating a successful track record as a positive, charismatic adult presence in the lives of young people, with an awareness of the role boundaries of teacher, parent, and student
• Evidence demonstrating a successful track record as a positive, productive colleague in working with other adults in a school setting
• Understanding and appreciation of the culture, history, and diversity of Hawai‘i
• Understanding and appreciation of single-gender school contexts
• A personal demeanor that demonstrates empathy, industriousness, and kindness
• Physical presence and ability to begin working in Hawai‘i on or before July 29, 2019 Desirable qualifications:
• Advanced degree in subject area, Education, or related field
• Evidence of a successful track record of teaching in both middle and high school grade levels
• Previous experience in an all-girls independent school environment
• Previous experience as a leader of a school club or team, (e.g. Science Olympiad, National Honor Society)
• Evidence demonstrating additional expertise in any of the following fields: general educational research; learning neuroscience; educational psychology; curriculum and instruction; diversity, equity, and inclusion; educational technology implementation; or career experience in an area unrelated to teaching that enriches instructional practice Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and an employment application from the school’s website www.lapietra.edu to Dawn Ijiri, Executive Assistant, via email to: email@example.com or via postal mail to: 2933 Poni Moi Rd., Honolulu, HI 96815.
La Pietra—Hawaii School for Girls is seeking a reliable and dependable person for a part-time bus driver position (varying hours Monday through Friday at $14.00-17.00 per hour). Current Hawaii driver license, and ability to meet State requirements for driving a 15-passenger school van; including physical examination, background investigation, traffic and criminal abstract, TB clearance, and completion of bus driver training programs. Current first aid card. Ability to understand and carry out instructions and complete various forms and records; interpersonal skills to effectively communicate to students, parents and school personnel in both oral and written forms required.
Interested applicants may send in an employment application with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2933 Poni Moi Rd., Honolulu, HI 96815.
La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, arrest and court record except as provided by Haw. Rev. Stat. §378-2.5, disability, sexual orientation, military/veterans status, or other grounds protected under applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and/or executive orders. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.