Mahalo for your interest in La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls. La Pietra offers an unparalleled learning environment and program designed to address the ways girls learn best. For over 50 years, La Pietra has been educating young women to lead lives of achievement by offering an innovative, college preparatory program designed to challenge and inspire young women to discover their passions, realize their potential and become the architects of their own success stories.
Applicants requiring assistance in the application process should contact (808) 922-2744.
La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls seeks applicants during the CURRENT school year for a Spanish teacher, grades 7-12, to cover the months of April and May 2019. Applicants may also apply for a full-time position with the same description and responsibilities for school year 2019-20. Applicants should clearly indicate their intent to apply for either position, or both, when submitting application materials (please see below).
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Spanish or a related field, have teaching experience with both middle and high school students preferably in an independent school, and be knowledgeable in best practices in teaching world languages. This position consists of a full-time teaching load of three sections per term, responsibility for homeroom oversight, and involvement in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities. The position includes teaching responsibilities for all levels of Spanish, from beginning to advanced courses.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Spanish, Education, or related field
- Evidence demonstrating a successful track record of teaching in any of the grade levels listed above, with willingness to teach both middle school and high school grade levels
- Evidence demonstrating contributions to a school environment beyond classroom instruction
- Evidence demonstrating a successful track record as a positive, charismatic adult presence in the lives of young people, with an awareness of the role boundaries of teacher, parent, and student
- Evidence demonstrating a successful track record as a positive, productive colleague in working with other adults in a school setting
- Understanding and appreciation of the culture, history, and diversity of Hawai‘i
- Understanding and appreciation of single-gender school contexts
- A personal demeanor that demonstrates empathy, industriousness, and kindness
- Advanced degree in Spanish, Education, or related field
- Evidence of a successful track record of teaching Spanish in both middle and high school grade levels
- Previous experience in an all-girls independent school environment
- Previous experience as a leader of a specific school club or team
- Evidence demonstrating additional expertise in any of the following fields: general educational research; learning neuroscience; educational psychology; curriculum and instruction; diversity, equity, and inclusion; educational technology implementation; or career experience in an area unrelated to teaching that enriches instructional practice
- Physical presence and ability to begin working in Hawai‘i on or before April 1, 2019
Founded in 1964, La Pietra – Hawaii School for Girls is a non-secular independent day school enrolling approximately 160 girls in grades 6-12. The campus is located in Honolulu, Hawai‘i, at the foot of Diamond Head state monument on the grounds of a former estate modeled after an Italian villa, and approximately one quarter mile from Waikiki beach.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and an employment application from the school’s website www.lapietra.edu to Dawn Ijiri, Executive Assistant, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to: 2933 Poni Moi Rd., Honolulu, HI 96815.
La Pietra—Hawaii School for Girls is seeking a reliable and dependable person for a part-time bus driver position (varying hours Monday through Friday at $14.00-17.00 per hour). Current Hawaii driver license, and ability to meet State requirements for driving a 15-passenger school van; including physical examination, background investigation, traffic and criminal abstract, TB clearance, and completion of bus driver training programs. Current first aid card. Ability to understand and carry out instructions and complete various forms and records; interpersonal skills to effectively communicate to students, parents and school personnel in both oral and written forms required.
Interested applicants may send in an employment application with a current resume to email@example.com or mail to 2933 Poni Moi Rd., Honolulu, HI 96815.
La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, arrest and court record except as provided by Haw. Rev. Stat. §378-2.5, disability, sexual orientation, military/veterans status, or other grounds protected under applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and/or executive orders. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.