La Pietra’s Leadership Academy is designed to empower young women by providing a challenging yet nurturing experience for girls entering grades 5 through 9 to encourage their continued development as leaders.
Girls will discover their highest values, learn how to transform challenges into opportunities, and will be encouraged to break out of their comfort zone. They will have the opportunity to learn about important women leaders and role models, what it takes to be an effective communicator, a thoughtful decision maker and contributor in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. Through a dynamic, experiential learning curriculum, girls will build confidence, critical thinking skills, and competency.Along with exploring bigger questions like "What kind of a leader am I growing into?", participants will engage in thought-provoking and fun activities to explore the following concepts:
- Confidence and self-esteem - The power of my voice
- Effective communication - Building authentic relationships and working collaboratively with others
- Choices and decisions - What is my contribution and service to others?
- Personal values and vision
- Taking action – Making a plan and sticking to it
- Exploring the challenges and accomplishments faced by women leaders and role models
Summer 2016 Leadership Academy Course:
|July 18 - July 22||Leadership Academy (Grades 5 - 9)|