Mahalo for your interest in La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls. La Pietra offers an unparalleled learning environment and program designed to address the ways girls learn best. For over 50 years, La Pietra has been educating young women to lead lives of achievement by offering an innovative, college preparatory program designed to challenge and inspire young women to discover their passions, realize their potential and become the architects of their own success stories.
Applicants requiring assistance in the application process should contact (808) 922-2744.
- Academic Dean & College Counselor
- Middle and Upper School Science Teacher
- Middle and Upper School Math/Science Teacher
- Varsity Basketball Head Coach
La Pietra-Hawaii School for Girls is seeking applicants for the position of Academic Dean and College Counselor, grades 6-12. A successful candidate will hold a BA or MA in Education or a related field, have teaching experience preferably in an independent school, and be knowledgeable and grounded in best practices in academic oversight and college counseling. Ability to successfully collaborate with teachers, effectively communicate within the school community, and positively impact the learning of students is essential. Interested applicants should submit a resume or curriculum vitae along with an employment application by email to email@example.com or mail to 2933 Poni Moi Rd., Honolulu, HI 96815.
La Pietra Hawaii School for Girls is seeking applicants for the position of Middle and Upper School Science teacher, grades 6-12. A successful candidate will hold a BA or MA in Biology, Science or a related field, have teaching experience on the secondary level and be knowledgeable and grounded in best practices in teaching science. The position consist of a full-time teaching load with upper school classes (AP Biology, Biology, Women’s Bodies/Women’s Minds, Human Anatomy and Physiology) and middle school courses (Design Thinking), a homeroom responsibility, and involvement in extracurricular and co-curricular advisor and supervisory positions as needed. Success in teaching AP Biology is a strong advantage. Ability to successfully collaborate with other teachers, effectively communicate within the school community, and positively impact the learning of students is essential. Please submit employment application, curriculum vitae, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2933 Poni Moi Rd., Honolulu HI 96815.
La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls, a college preparatory all girls school, is seeking applicants for the position of Middle School Science/Math and Upper School Math Teacher/Science, grades 6-12, beginning in Fall 2017. Qualifications and Experience:
- BA in Math, Science or related field, MA is preferable
- 3+ years teaching in Middle/Upper School
- Knowledgeable and experienced in best practices in both Science and Math
La Pietra – Hawaii School for Girls is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Head Varsity Basketball Coach to oversee the La Pietra Basketball Program for the 2017 – 2018 school year. The program includes 6th grade, intermediate, junior varsity, and varsity level teams. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of coaching competitive basketball today and be able to teach student-athletes the required skills for success on the court, while at the same time modeling and teaching values and character traits that will allow them to be successful in all areas of their lives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 or more years of experience coaching girls and/or boys basketball at the varsity high school or collegiate level (or equivalent).
- NFHS Coaching Certification (completion of Fundamentals of Coaching, Concussion in Sports, and Heat Illness Prevention courses).
- Strong Communication and Organizational Skills to work with the La Pietra School Community (student-athletes, parents, coaching staff, faculty, athletic director, and school administrators).
- Ability to direct and oversee assistant and lower level basketball coaches making recommendations for potential candidates.
- Ability to design a program that fits the needs of student-athletes at each level and leads to the La Pietra basketball program to become one of the top Division II basketball programs in the state of Hawaii.
La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, arrest and court record except as provided by Haw. Rev. Stat. §378-2.5, disability, sexual orientation, military/veterans status, or other grounds protected under applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and/or executive orders. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.