Mahalo for your interest in La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls. La Pietra offers an unparalleled learning environment and program designed to address the ways girls learn best. For over 50 years, La Pietra has been educating young women to lead lives of achievement by offering an innovative, college preparatory program designed to challenge and inspire young women to discover their passions, realize their potential and become the architects of their own success stories.
Applicants requiring assistance in the application process should contact (808) 922-2744.
La Pietra – Hawaii School for Girls is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Head Varsity Basketball Coach to oversee the La Pietra Basketball Program for the 2017 – 2018 school year. The program includes 6th grade, intermediate, junior varsity, and varsity level teams. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of coaching competitive basketball today and be able to teach student-athletes the required skills for success on the court, while at the same time modeling and teaching values and character traits that will allow them to be successful in all areas of their lives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 or more years of experience coaching girls and/or boys basketball at the varsity high school or collegiate level (or equivalent).
- NFHS Coaching Certification (completion of Fundamentals of Coaching, Concussion in Sports, and Heat Illness Prevention courses).
- Strong Communication and Organizational Skills to work with the La Pietra School Community (student-athletes, parents, coaching staff, faculty, athletic director, and school administrators).
- Ability to direct and oversee assistant and lower level basketball coaches making recommendations for potential candidates.
- Ability to design a program that fits the needs of student-athletes at each level and leads to the La Pietra basketball program to become one of the top Division II basketball programs in the state of Hawaii.
Please fill out application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, arrest and court record except as provided by Haw. Rev. Stat. §378-2.5, disability, sexual orientation, military/veterans status, or other grounds protected under applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and/or executive orders. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.